Home » Posts tagged 'Sewing'
Tag Archives: Sewing
It’s the Year of the Pig! And also brown and earth, I’ve been told. So I sewed a pig using a low-res pattern from a Russian website, so I had to guess as to what it was I was actually doing.
I did do the dappled pattern myself, though. Very nice, even if it janked up a couple of the legs. This was also my first attempt at embroidery, so the eyes are a little clumsy.
I did the sewing of plushies once upon a time and I’M DOING IT AGAIN NOW ONCE MORE YES. But now I’m in constant physical pain down my neck and spine, across my shoulders, and around the base of my skull, which may or may not be related to the resumption of the sewing.
I decided to put together a plush for one of my new characters, Voyager the star-cat-astronaut-whatchasay. This is still just the prototype of the plush, which is why multiple pieces are different from their counterparts.
Changes that I’m going to make to the pattern include:
- I’m going to make the body wider and possibly shorter
- Only one connecting segment between the body and arm
- The left leg is the pattern I’m going to use, as it’s cleaner
- The other leg was based on the design principles of a Raichu plush pattern I came across, but that was designed for a connecting piece that allows the leg to rotate which I do not use
- I’m going to separate the collar piece into two pieces, instead of making it one clumsy nightmare
- The head is going to be made of a different cloth with a starry pattern, and I’ll need to determine how I’m going to do the face better
- I’m very proud of that second paw I made for the left arm
- The original plan was to create three balls and sew them onto the other hand piece, but, at the scale I was working with, it was just too much of a hassle and ultimately a waste of material
I need better lighting and a better backdrop for pictures.