Home » Posts tagged 'cat'
Tag Archives: cat
I did the sewing of plushies once upon a time and I’M DOING IT AGAIN NOW ONCE MORE YES. But now I’m in constant physical pain down my neck and spine, across my shoulders, and around the base of my skull, which may or may not be related to the resumption of the sewing.
I decided to put together a plush for one of my new characters, Voyager the star-cat-astronaut-whatchasay. This is still just the prototype of the plush, which is why multiple pieces are different from their counterparts.
Changes that I’m going to make to the pattern include:
- I’m going to make the body wider and possibly shorter
- Only one connecting segment between the body and arm
- The left leg is the pattern I’m going to use, as it’s cleaner
- The other leg was based on the design principles of a Raichu plush pattern I came across, but that was designed for a connecting piece that allows the leg to rotate which I do not use
- I’m going to separate the collar piece into two pieces, instead of making it one clumsy nightmare
- The head is going to be made of a different cloth with a starry pattern, and I’ll need to determine how I’m going to do the face better
- I’m very proud of that second paw I made for the left arm
- The original plan was to create three balls and sew them onto the other hand piece, but, at the scale I was working with, it was just too much of a hassle and ultimately a waste of material
I need better lighting and a better backdrop for pictures.
Marie Anette is a possessed marionette. A right classy puppet, dancing on strings that extend infinitely into the sky.
She’s not much of an attacker; her main attack involves floating over to a target and spinning her legs at them. Her primary role involves using her strings to delay enemies and puppeteer allied units to effectively use their skills on her turn. And maybe revive fallen units? Or would that be unbalanced?
She’d probably appear as a boss in the City region, continually summoning reinforcements that you’ll have to get through.
Here’s a couple pictures of Coby and Voyager just hanging out. Tree-dogs and Space-cats chilling together, mass hysteria.
So, I continued revising Voyager’s design and I think this is about as good as I’m going to get with this. There was a slight alteration between the final sketch and the action pose because whatever the hell those booties are weren’t translating properly. I might put the paw pads back on her hands, though.
There are some areas in the action pose that need smoothing out; the neck brace and the bottom of the helmet come to mind. And that right leg is still all weird. I don’t know what to do about that. And her face could use some more work, too.
As for Starfall Dungeon, Voyager is the first unit you get. She’s faster than average with otherwise middling stats. Her greatest strength is that she can be extensively upgraded with higher stats and new abilities for a cheaper price than other units.
I’ll need to establish how upgrading works, as well as the units’ select screens and the like.
One of my great issues with art is that, when I have an idea that I want to draw, I don’t actually SEE it. All I get is a vague sensation and I won’t know what it actually looks like until I’ve drawn it, so I’m always disappointed in my performance because I never manage to.
Anyways, I’ve had another Idea™ for a game that my ADHD will probably interfere with creating. Sort of a Darkest Dungeon/Paper Mario sort of deal. I have no idea what to call this thing.
Here’s some eldritch space-abomination in a cat spacesuit, because my space-named cat recently passed away. And I don’t know what this thing’s supposed to look like, but I sure do know that these aren’t it.
(I still need to work out the bugs in that level generator that I’m designing… I could use that for this…)
These are the last of the March and April sketches. Some concepts for my game, really bad perspective studies, my samurai, and my poor old cat.
Just random sketches from a while back. More of my samurai, a little bit of my poor, old cat, and just a bunch of random heads.