Home » Posts tagged 'cat'
Tag Archives: cat
I did a few iterations of my original character, Dubravka “Bravo” Galloway, as she appears in the West Marches/Dungeons and Dragons campaign that I’m taking part in. She originally started out as a lightly armored Warlock, but I’ve since multi-classed into Fighter and gotten her into half plate armor and a Cloak of the Manta Ray.
My main OC, Dubravka “Bravo” Galloway, is asexual! Like me, maybe? I don’t know, I don’t really have a sense of self.
Since it’s Pride Month, I thought that I might as well do some art for that. Here I have Bravo and another of my original characters, Voyager, interacting. Their color schemes were switched to the asexual pride flag.
Congratulations! I drew a graduating cat chasing a toy mouse with her rolled-up diploma. It was originally going to be a real mouse but then it wasn’t. I’ll need to clean this and the penguins from before up to slap into Redbubble.
I drew up a quick Voyager, my space cat character. I’m thinking about trying streaming, so I’m setting up widget art for Twitch.
I drew Bravo again. I’ve started a West Marches Dungeons and Dragons game and I put her together as a Shadowcat Warlock. The boots could use more work, I think, and my perpetual problem with role-playing her is that I’m am neither: a) black, b) a woman, nor c) British.
While I was trolling my labyrinthine mess of a computer for files to delete, I found some old pictures of my past cats. One was a picture of Cera from before age made her all skin and bones, when she looked like a little matryoshka doll. She was just filled with a generalized malice towards all things instead of more dolls.
So I made a new cat character: a matryoshka doll based on a real one that I have (complete with crack) that’s filled with a grumpy smoke cat.
I did the sewing of plushies once upon a time and I’M DOING IT AGAIN NOW ONCE MORE YES. But now I’m in constant physical pain down my neck and spine, across my shoulders, and around the base of my skull, which may or may not be related to the resumption of the sewing.
I decided to put together a plush for one of my new characters, Voyager the star-cat-astronaut-whatchasay. This is still just the prototype of the plush, which is why multiple pieces are different from their counterparts.
Changes that I’m going to make to the pattern include:
- I’m going to make the body wider and possibly shorter
- Only one connecting segment between the body and arm
- The left leg is the pattern I’m going to use, as it’s cleaner
- The other leg was based on the design principles of a Raichu plush pattern I came across, but that was designed for a connecting piece that allows the leg to rotate which I do not use
- I’m going to separate the collar piece into two pieces, instead of making it one clumsy nightmare
- The head is going to be made of a different cloth with a starry pattern, and I’ll need to determine how I’m going to do the face better
- I’m very proud of that second paw I made for the left arm
- The original plan was to create three balls and sew them onto the other hand piece, but, at the scale I was working with, it was just too much of a hassle and ultimately a waste of material
I need better lighting and a better backdrop for pictures.