Home » Posts tagged 'astronaut'
Tag Archives: astronaut
I drew up a quick Voyager, my space cat character. I’m thinking about trying streaming, so I’m setting up widget art for Twitch.
While I was trolling my labyrinthine mess of a computer for files to delete, I found some old pictures of my past cats. One was a picture of Cera from before age made her all skin and bones, when she looked like a little matryoshka doll. She was just filled with a generalized malice towards all things instead of more dolls.
So I made a new cat character: a matryoshka doll based on a real one that I have (complete with crack) that’s filled with a grumpy smoke cat.
I did the sewing of plushies once upon a time and I’M DOING IT AGAIN NOW ONCE MORE YES. But now I’m in constant physical pain down my neck and spine, across my shoulders, and around the base of my skull, which may or may not be related to the resumption of the sewing.
I decided to put together a plush for one of my new characters, Voyager the star-cat-astronaut-whatchasay. This is still just the prototype of the plush, which is why multiple pieces are different from their counterparts.
Changes that I’m going to make to the pattern include:
- I’m going to make the body wider and possibly shorter
- Only one connecting segment between the body and arm
- The left leg is the pattern I’m going to use, as it’s cleaner
- The other leg was based on the design principles of a Raichu plush pattern I came across, but that was designed for a connecting piece that allows the leg to rotate which I do not use
- I’m going to separate the collar piece into two pieces, instead of making it one clumsy nightmare
- The head is going to be made of a different cloth with a starry pattern, and I’ll need to determine how I’m going to do the face better
- I’m very proud of that second paw I made for the left arm
- The original plan was to create three balls and sew them onto the other hand piece, but, at the scale I was working with, it was just too much of a hassle and ultimately a waste of material
I need better lighting and a better backdrop for pictures.
Marie Anette is a possessed marionette. A right classy puppet, dancing on strings that extend infinitely into the sky.
She’s not much of an attacker; her main attack involves floating over to a target and spinning her legs at them. Her primary role involves using her strings to delay enemies and puppeteer allied units to effectively use their skills on her turn. And maybe revive fallen units? Or would that be unbalanced?
She’d probably appear as a boss in the City region, continually summoning reinforcements that you’ll have to get through.
Here’s a couple pictures of Coby and Voyager just hanging out. Tree-dogs and Space-cats chilling together, mass hysteria.
So, I continued revising Voyager’s design and I think this is about as good as I’m going to get with this. There was a slight alteration between the final sketch and the action pose because whatever the hell those booties are weren’t translating properly. I might put the paw pads back on her hands, though.
There are some areas in the action pose that need smoothing out; the neck brace and the bottom of the helmet come to mind. And that right leg is still all weird. I don’t know what to do about that. And her face could use some more work, too.
As for Starfall Dungeon, Voyager is the first unit you get. She’s faster than average with otherwise middling stats. Her greatest strength is that she can be extensively upgraded with higher stats and new abilities for a cheaper price than other units.
I’ll need to establish how upgrading works, as well as the units’ select screens and the like.