Hey! This sketch of my Dungeons and Dragons/West Marches character in her room is finished. It’s just a little scene of her and her cat familiar interacting with a newly obtained Ioun Stone.
This would probably be finished-finished by now if my work process wasn’t: open the project in the morning; think my thoughts while staring into space; maybe work on it in the dead of night.
I’m sketching a room! For purposes! It’s slow going because perspective and inexperience and lines. There’s going to be An Person and such in there as well, once I’ve got the room set up.
In Pokémon Sword and Shield, there’s a new feature called Dynamax/Gigantamax, wherein a Pokémon changes form and gets real big. So, I decided to design a Gigantamax form for my favorite Pokémon, Raichu.
It’s based partly off of Raichu’s scrapped evolution, Gorochu, and partly off the Japanese thunder god, Raijin. The tail is influenced by Pikachu’s Gigantamax form.
I don’t what it is, but I’ve just been debilitatingly exhausted as of late. I’ve got a bunch of sketches to clean up and compilations to finish sketching but I just want to sleep all the time instead.
To that end, I felt it was appropriate to finish my original character, Jasmine “Jazz” Harper, having a sleepy cup of coffee and that mug doesn’t look right, does it? Whatever.
I drew Marvel’s Viv Vision and Riri Williams again, as is my wont. I hope that they’re not kicking off this new Champions event by killing Viv again, because Viv suffering got real old a long time ago.
I drew one of the new Pokémon, Clobbopus, with pencil and pen. It could be better, but I’m only going to revise a sketch in traditional media so many times before moving on with my life.
Here’s a sketch page I did. It’s got Morritriole, my shark-weasel-alien character; Viv Vision and Riri Williams from Marvel Comics; and I don’t know what that thing in the upper-left is.
I’ll need to clean these up, but I’ve been spending a lot of my time directing a panda to punch raccoons forever. And I’m switching to different medication, so caring is hard.
It’s the Year of the Pig! And also brown and earth, I’ve been told. So I sewed a pig using a low-res pattern from a Russian website, so I had to guess as to what it was I was actually doing.
I did do the dappled pattern myself, though. Very nice, even if it janked up a couple of the legs. This was also my first attempt at embroidery, so the eyes are a little clumsy.
I started this big ol’ piece a while back and then stopped working on it until recently because I have a nightmare brain. And, speaking of nightmares, I’m just now realizing that this thing is a compositional nightmare because I didn’t plan it in the slightest. I’m just kind of tossing characters at it and seeing what sticks.
I intend to get all the Incarnations in here, so I might have to get creative. Or bigger. It’s good practice with proportions and poses, though.