Home » Grimoire Bullet (Page 2)
Category Archives: Grimoire Bullet
Sketching just a bunch of ideas, some for my game and some just for figure practice. Some concepts for enemies, a revised player character, and just a bunch of heads.
Continued animating of my Tree again. It’s mostly done; I just need to get the code for running the boss correctly.
Starting to work on getting the Tree Boss back into my game, in spite of the job anxiety that’s filling me with The Bad Feels™.
So I redid the Apple’s animations and it stopped glitching?? I don’t know?? why that happened??
Also, my schedule’s going to get weird for a little while because I’m hopefully getting a job at a restaurant call center??
So something went screwy with Unity between the last Work video and this one. Now, changing any of the Character’s values in the Editor causes any references to its prefab to break, the Apple enemy is getting locked to the exact center of the rooms (or warped miles into the aether) even after I disable the code that manipulates its position, and, between Unity’s “Fatal error in gc” and Visual Studio throwing an exception, all the software is in open revolt against me.
I figured out what was causing the “inexplicable” infinite loop: a while loop with nothing inside of it, because I’m dumb. Otherwise, I do some apple animating and coding in the boss room spawning.
I did some work on an enemy type yesterday and then went back to the level generator because I’m still not done with that and I really should have been done with some enemies and a boss, AT LEAST, by this time. And then, in the end, the level generator manages to find an infinite loop to ruin itself on, no matter if I remove the additions or not.
Just some samples of the work I was doing last week. It’s more coding for spawning the rooms, particularly the double-size room bounds, and setting up the double-size layouts.
Working on getting the double (wide/tall/size) rooms to spawn in correctly. It’s slow going because I always get confused about the relation between (row, column) and (x, y). There’s also an issue with spawning the fourth piece of a double-size room where I get some sort of lightning-bolt-Tetris-piece sort of thing happening.
I start revising the multiple-room-large room generation and get PRETTY CLOSE to a functional function. There’s some issues that need to be resolved, wherein random single rooms are generated for some reason and gaps appear between the room segments, so I’ll need to do some debugging.