So here’s the notes I scribbled out for the next piece of the overworld hub. The Shop/Workshop handles your inventory and the abilities of the other overworld facilities.
The stock of the Shop portion is dynamic and directly reflects the item drops of the region and sub-region that you were on before leaving the dungeon. While not unlimited, this allows players the chance to just purchase the items and materials they were looking for, if RNG was not kind.
The player can also upgrade both the facilities and their inventory. This includes:
- Adding region shortcuts to the dungeon entrance
- Adding inventory slots for use
- Adding new items to the crafting menus for the shop and tree
- Increasing the amount of item that can stacked in an inventory slot
- Increasing the capacity of the barracks and the number of teams that can be logged
- Expanding the stock of the shop
In terms of crafting, you create and enhance equipment in the shop while you create restorative items over at the tree. The equipment you can make here provide a variety of enhancements to your units, such as increasing stats and adding passive traits.